This is an overall analysis of how my film did in the box office over the 5 and a half weeks it has been out in the UK;
- On Black Swan’s opening weekend it created £2.76 million in 356 cinemas across the country. Many people suggested that the opening weekend’s success was due to the “appetite of the cinema-going public for bold, creative and visionary filmaking.”
- In the week of the 28th January, the second week of Black Swan’s release, the film took £2,566,346 from 429 screens. It was second in the top ten following the King’s Speech.
- In the week of 4th February, the third week of release, Black Swan took £1,725,630 from 462 screens. It had fallen two places to number 4 in the top ten, falling behind Tangled, The King’s Speech and The Fighter.
- In the week of 11 February, the fourth week after Black Swan’s release, it took £1,068,931 from 481 screens. The film had fallen to number 7 in the top ten, falling behind Just Go With It as well as Yogi Bear.
- In the week of 18 February, the fifth week after release, Black Swan took £693,332 from 444 screens. It had fallen 3 places to number 10 in the top ten following Justin Bieber: Never Say Never.
- In the week of 25 February, the sixth week after release, Black Swan took £344, 755 from 308 screens. The film is no longer in the top ten in the UK and is currently number 15
- In the UK Black Swan has currently taken £15,226,641 overall.